Friday, September 13, 2013

Ole Henriksen Power peel Review


This has become my favourite peel after trying it out the first time. I've tried other peels before but the results aren't that great. My friend tried it a few months ago and she praised the peel set stating that it gave her baby soft skin after using it. So this has been on my watch list for a while. I was reluctant to pick up the peel set due to its price. It's just a lot more expensive to get it in Canada than in the states. The set of two peels costs $20 at Sephora in Canada while it costs $16 in the states. The price for the set of 6 peels is $56 in Canada and $45 in the states. As I was curious about this product so I finally picked up the set just to test it out and I'm impressed with the results. After using it, it left my skin clear and soft. And currently, they came out with a bigger size which is a much better deal. I picked up a set when I was ordering an eye shadow palette for my sister.

It normally costs $10 for each set of peel and each sachets comes with 3ml of each product. The new set costs $27 and comes with 15ml of each product. So it's only costs $5.4 for each set of peels. at this price, it's definitely worth trying. It's currently sold out on their website, but you might still be able to get the starter set in store.

The power peel consists of a three step treatment. So far I've only seen two of the individual products come in full size format.

The first one is the walnut scrub. It's a grainy scrub and I think if you have sensitive skin, you might find it a bit harsh on their skin. I have oily combination skin and I have to say I love the scrub. It's on the grainy side but it's not too coarse on my skin. From its instructions, you scrub it on your face for a minute and then you'll wash it off. I really enjoy using this scrub and I will consider buying the full size scrub for regular use.

The second product in the kit is the lemon strip which is the aha peel. This is the second product that you can purchase on its own. You will have a tingling sensation once you apply the mask but you get used to it fairly quickly. It doesn't irritate my skin at all.

The last step that came with the set is the camomile comfort mask. It's a soothing cream mask that calms down your skin. It's a soothing moisturizing mask that provides moisturize to your skin. I think this product only comes in the power peel set and I haven't seen the full size product on its own.

For the lemon strip I do have questions about it because the instructions is different in the full size product and in the peel set. In the full size product, it says you're supposed to use it after the scrub and leave the mask on for 10 to 20 minutes then wash it off. But from the power peel set, it's says you leave it on your skin for 2 minutes then you apply the camomile comfort mask on top of the lemon strip mask for 15 minutes and then you wash it off. So does that mean the camomile comfort mask is optional? Or you just apply your own moisture soothing mask on top of the lemon strip? Or you can just do the lemon strip for 20 minutes and then do a soothing mask afterwards?

Have you tried any Ole henriksen's products?





No comments:

Post a Comment