Monday, May 27, 2013

Le Cafe Michi omakase dinner

Le Cafe Michi is one of my favourite Japanese Restaurant in town since it's within reasonable driving distance for a weeknight dinner. I go there often but this was my first time trying out their omakase menu. I normally enjoy having control over my own food. most of the food in the omakase menu were good but I just prefer ordering my own food.  Every time I go to this restaurant it's always packed so it's necessary to make reservations if you're going on a weekend.

Appetizers. Something I hate about omakase is their appetizers. Most of them aren't that good. The only good appetizers I've tried at a omakase were from Kaji Sushi. Others all failed to impress me.

This was good. I love the walnuts in the salad. But a salad is a salad so it's nothing special.

Assorted sashimi plate. You have saba, ika, tobiko, salmon, hamachi, amaebi and tuna. As usual the quality of the sashimi was great. This is one of the few places where I will eat their tunas as most places don't offer fresh tuna sashimi. The best part is they give you good quality wasabi not the ones that come straight from a tube.

Japanese style steamed egg

Steamed egg with assorted mushroom and leek. This is offered most of the time if you have omakase at a Japanese restaurant in Toronto. 

simmered fish as one of the hot dishes


assorted sushi. They have great futomaki here. The uni are also good. I've had my best uni don at this place. They gave me 3 different batches of uni on my uni don. 

For dessert, they have lots of choices. They normally have around 6-7 kinds of dessert you can choose from. This time I chose their sugarless chocolate mousse cake. It's not too sweet so it was good but I do prefer their other cakes over the mousse cake. 

For the other dessert we chose the regular cream brûlée.  I didn't try it so I don't know how it tasted. 

Address: 1802 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto

2 comments:

  1. hi i am a 20 yr old asian girl from trt too. :) nice meetin you i like your blog and reviews. as uve tried so many products i wonder if u cud suggest some moisturizing products to me, i rarely have acnes but my skin is very very dry, sometimes it even gets flaky and itchy. is sulwhasoo or history of whoo better? what from their line do you like other than the mask from sulwhasoo? feel free to recommend products from other brands too, hope to hear from you soon :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried enough products from Whoo to compare it with Sulwhasoo. For Sulwhasoo I personally love their first care serum, clarifying mask, eye cream, whitening serum, sunscreen. For Whoo, I love all the products I've tried out. What is your budget? For moisturizing I would recommend using a B5 Gel that binds moisture to your skin before using a moisturizer.

      Delete